Following recommendation from Paul Henry Architects, Parkside Properties Limited appointed Planning Insight to secure permission for the redevelopment of a site from a two storey retail unit, into a five storey mixed-use residential development in the London Borough of Redbridge.
The client required a mix of uses on site, including; retail at ground floor, nursery training at first floor, and a total of nine residential units above. Given the known challenge of changing D1 uses in the planning system we decided on a flexible planning permission for the D1 use, to permit change to B1 within 10 years. Delivering options for our client to change their business model.
Following refusal of the previous scheme, we entered into pre-application discussions with the Local Planning Authority in order to agree the changes necessary to achieve permission.
Working closely with Paul Henry Architects, we amended the scheme to partly reduce the massing whilst still delivering the same number of units.
- Pre-application negotiations with the council.
- Flexible planning permission for D1/B1 uses.
- A comprehensive and robust planning, design and access statement.
- Design amendments to the scheme with no loss of the desired residential units.
- Unanimous approval from Redbridge Planning Committee.